1 Which two statements are true regarding a PPP connection between two Cisco routers? (Choose two.)
Only a single NCP is allowed between the two routers.
NCP terminates the link when data exchange is complete.
With CHAP authentication, the routers exchange plain text passwords.
LCP tests the quality of the link.*
LCP manages compression on the link.*
Refer to the exhibit. What kind of NAT is being configured on R1?
3 Which statement describes a characteristic of dense wavelength division multiplexing (DWDM)?
it assigns incoming electrical signals to specific frequencies.
it can be used in long-range communications, like connections between ISPs.*
it enables bidirectional communications over one pair of copper cables.
it supports the SONET standard, but not the SDH standard.
Refer to the exhibit. A network administrator is troubleshooting the OSPF network. The 10.10.0.0/16 network is not showing up in the routing table of Router1. What is the probable cause of this problem?
The OSPF process is configured incorrectly on Router1.
There is an incorrect wildcard mask statement for network 10.10.0.0/16 on Router2.*
The OSPF process is not running on Router2.
The serial interface on Router2 is down.
5 The security policy in a company specifies that the staff in the sales department must use a VPN to connect to the corporate network to access the sales data when they travel to meet customers. What component is needed by the sales staff to establish a remote VPN connection?
VPN client software*
6 A network administrator is troubleshooting the dynamic NAT that is configured on router R2. Which command can the administrator use to see the total number of active NAT translations and the number of addresses that are allocated from the NAT pool?
R2# show ip nat translations
R2# clear ip nat translation
R2# show running-config
R2# show ip nat statistics*
7 Which three parts of a Frame Relay Layer 2 PDU are used for congestion control? (Choose three.)
the FECN bit*
the BECN bit*
the C/R bit
the 10-bit DLCI
the Extended Address field
the DE bit*
8 Which two statements correctly describe asymmetric encryption used with an IPsec VPN? (Choose two.)
The same encryption keys must be manually configured on each device.
Public key encryption is a type of asymmetric encryption.*
Encryption and decryption use a different key.*
A shared secret key is used to perform encryption and descryption.
AES is an example of an asymmetric encryption protocol.
9 Which WAN technology can serve as the underlying network to carry multiple types of network traffic such as IP, ATM, Ethernet, and DSL?
10 Drag and droop
Place the options in the following order:
uses two-way handshake
clear text passwords
uses three-way handshake
11 Which command can be used to check the information about congestion on a Frame Relay link?
show frame-relay lmi
show frame-relay pvc*
show frame-relay map
12 Which two statements describe remote access VPNs? (Choose two.)
Client software is usually required to be able to access the network.*
Remote access VPNs are used to connect entire networks, such as a branch office to headquarters.
Remote access VPNs support the needs of telecommuters and mobile users.*
A leased line is required to implement remote access VPNs.
End users are not aware that VPNs exists.
Refer to the exhibit. Which three steps are required to configure Multilik PPP on the HQ router? (Choose three.)
Bind the multilink bundle to the Fast Ethernet interface.
Enable PPP encapsulation on the multilink interface.
Assign the serial interfaces to the multilink bundle.*
Create and configure the multilink interface.*
Assign the Fast Ethernet interface to the multilink bundle
Enable PPP encapsulation on the serial interfaces.*
14 What are two examples of network problems that are found at the data link layer? (Choose two.)
incorrect interface clock rates
late collisions and jabber
15 What is the protocol that provides ISPs the ability to send PPP frames over DSL networks?
17 What is required for a host to use an SSL VPN to connect to a remote network device?
The host must be connected to wired network.
A site-to-site VPN must be preconfigured.
A web browser must be installed on the host.*
VPN client software must be installed.
Refer to the exhibit. A network administrator has implemented the configuration in the displayed output. What is missing from the configuration that would be preventing OSPF routing updates from passing to the Frame Relay service provider?
The command to disable split horizon has not been issued.
The passive-interface command has not been issued on interface serial 0/1/0
The directly connected neighbor should have been identified by using static mapping.
The broadcast keyword has not been issued.*
Refer to the exhibit. An administrator is configuring NAT to provide Internet access to the inside network. After the configurtation is completed, users are unable to access the internet. What is the cause of the problem?
The inside and outside interfaces are backwards.
The ACL is referencing the wrong network address.
The NAT inside source command is referring to the wrong ACL.*
The NAT pool is using an invalid address range.
19 A company connects to one ISP via multiple connections. What is the name given to this type of connection?
Refer to the exhibit. On the basis of the output, which two statements about network connectivity are correct? (Choose two.)
There is connectivity between this device and the device at 192.168.100.1.*
The average transmission time between the two hosts is 2 miliseconds.
This host does not have a default gateway configured.
The connectivity between these two hosts allows for videoconferencing calls.
There are 4 hops between this device and the device at 192.168.100.1.*
21 A network administrator is configuring a PPP link with the commands:
R1(config-if)# encapsulation ppp
R1(config-if)# ppp quality 70
What is the effect of these commands?
The NCP will send a message to the sending device if the link usage reaches 70 percent.
The PPP link will be closed down if the link quality drops below 70 percent.*
The LCP establishment phase will not start until the bandwidth reaches 70 percent or more.
The PPP link will not be established if more than 30 percent of options cannot be accepted.
22 Which IEEE standard defines the WiMax technology?
23 Which three flows associated with consumer applications are supported by NetFlow collectors? (Choose three.)
quality of service
24 Why is it useful categorize networks by size when discussing network design?
Knowing the number of connected devices will define how many additional layers will be added to the three-tier hierarchical network design.
Knowing the number of connected devices will define how many multilayer switches will be necessary at the core layer.
A high-level redundancy at the access layer may be better implemented if the number of connected devices is know.
The complexity of networking infrastructure will vary according to the number of connected devices.*
25 What is a disadvantage of a packet-switched network compared to a circuit-switched network?
Place the options in the following order:
– not scored –
– not scored –
27 What is the default location for Cisco routers and switches to send critical logging events?
28 In the data gathering process, which type of device will listen for traffic, but only gather traffic statistics?
29 What is a characteristic of Frame Relay that allows customer data transmissions to dynamically “burst” over their CIR for short periods of time?
The combination of LMI status messages and Inverse ARP messages enables the CIR to be exceeded.
The physical circuits of the Frame Relay network are shared between subscribers and there may be times when unused bandwidth is available.*
BECN and FECN messages notify the router that the CIR can be exceeded.
Bursting is enabled by the configuration of multiple subinterfaces on one physical interface.
30 Which SNMP message type informs the network management system (NMS) immediately of certain specified events?
31 Which statement is a characteristic of SNMP MIBs?
The SNMP agent uses the SNMP manager to access information within the MIB.
The MIB structure for a given device includes only variables that are specific to that device or vendor.
The MIB organizes variables in a flat manner.
The NMS must have access to the MIB in order for SNMP to operate properly.*
32 What benefit does NAT64 provide?
It allows sites to connect IPv6 hosts to an IPv4 network by translating the IPv6 addresses to IPv4 addresses.*
It allows sites to connect multiple IPv4 hosts to the Internet via the use of a single public IPv4 address.
It allows sites to use private IPv4 addresses, and thus hides the internal addressing structure form hosts on public IPv4 networks.
It allows sites to use private IPv6 addresses and translates them to global IPv6 addresses.
33 What is the expected behavior of an ADSL service?
The user can select the upload and download rates based on need.
The download and upload rates are the same.
The upload rate is faster than the download rate.
The download rate is faster than the upload rate.*
34 The DLCI number assigned to a Frame Relay circuit is to be manually added on a point-to-point link. Which three subinterface commands could be used to complete the configuration? (Choose three.)
frame-relay map ip ip-address dlci
frame-relay map ip ip-address dlci broadcast
ip address ip-address mask*
frame-relay interface dlci dlci*
35 A group of Windows PCs in a new subnet has been added to an Ethernet network. When testing the connectivity, a technician finds that these PCs can access local network resources but not the Internet resources. To troubleshoot the problem, the technician wants to initially confirm the IP address and DNS configurations on the PCs, and also verify connectivity to the local router. Which three Windows CLI commands and utilities will provide the necesary information? (Choose three.)
netsh interface ipv6 show neighbor
Refer to the exhibit. Router R1 was configured by a network administrator to use SNMP version 2. The following commands were issued:
R1(config)# snmp-server community batonaug ro SNMP_ACL
R1(config)# snmp-server contact Wayne World
R1(config)# snmp-server host 192.168.1.3 version 2c batonaug
R1(config)# ip access-list standard SNMP_ACL
R1(config-std-nacl)# permit 192.168.10.3
Why is the administrator not able to get any information from R1?
The snmp-server community command needs to include the rw keyword.
The snmp-server location command is missing.
There is a problem with the ACL configuration.*
The snmp-server enable traps command is missing.
37 Which broadband technology would be best for a small office that requires fast upstream connections?
Refer to the exhibit. The inside local IP address of PC-A is 192.168.0.200. What will be the inside global address of packets from PC-A after they are translated by R1?
39 What is a type of VPN that is generally transparent to the end user?
40 Which two statements about DSL are true? (Choose two.)
user connections are aggregated at a DSLAM located at the CO*
uses RF signal transmission
users are on a shared medium
local loop can be up to 3.5 miles (5.5km)*
physical and data link layers are defined by DOCSIS
Refer to the exhibit. Which three events will occur as a result of the configuration shown on R1? (Choose three.)
Only traffic that originates from the GigabitEthernet 0/1 interface will be monitored.*
Messages that are sent to the syslog server will be limited to levels 3 or lower.*
Messages that are sent to the syslog server will use 192.168.1.5 as the destination IP address.*
The syslog messages will contain the IP address the GigabitEthernet 0/1 interface.
Messages that are sent to the syslog server will be limited to levels 3 and higher.
For multiple occurrences of the same error, only the first three messages will be sent to the server.
42 Which two characteristics describe time-division multiplexing? (Choose two.)
Traffic is allocated bandwidth across a single wire based on preassigned time slots.*
Bandwidth is allocated to channels based on whether a station has data to transmit.
Encoding technology provides high data throughput in a minimum RF spectrum by supporting parallel data transmission.
Data capacity across a single link increases as bits from multiple sources are transmitted using interleaved slices of time.*
Depending on the configured layer 2 protocol, data is transmitted across two or more channels via the use of time slots.
43 Which two specialized troubleshooting tools can monitor the amount of traffic that passes through a switch? (Choose two.)
DTX cable analyzer
portable network analyzer*
44 Which circumstance would result in an enterprise deciding to implement a corporate WAN?
when its employees become distributed across many branch locations*
when the enterprise decides to secure its corporate LAN
when the network will span multiple buildings
when the number of employees exceeds the capacity of the LAN
45 Which algorithm is considered insecure for use in IPsec encryption?
46 What is one advantage to designing networks in bulding block fashion for large companies?
fewer required physical resources
increased network access time
coarse security control
47 Which two technologies are implemented by organizations to support teleworker remote connections? (Choose two.)
48 A branch office uses a leased line to connect to the corporate network. The lead network engineer confirms connectivity between users in the branch office, but none of the users can access corporate headquarters. System logs indicate that nothing has changed in the branch office network. What should the engineer consider next to resolve this network outage?
The network technician for the branch office should troubleshoot the switched infrastructure.
The server administrator in the branch office should reconfigured the DHCP server.
The service provider for the branch office should troubleshoot the issue starting from the point of demarcation.*
The system administartor in the branch office should reconfigure the default gateway on the user PCs.
Refer to the exhibit. Which IP address is configured on the physical interface of the CORP router?
50 How many 64 kb/s voice channels are combined to produce a T1 line?
51 Which network module maintains the resources that employees, partners, and customers rely on to effectively create, colaborate, and interact with information?
52 Which broadband solution is appropriate for a home user who needs a wired connection not limited by distance?
53 A network administrator is asked to design a system to allow simultaneous access to the Internet for 250 users. The ISP can only supply five public IP addresses for this network. What technology can the administrator use to accomplish this task?
classless interdomain routing
variable length subnet masks
port-based Network Address Translation*
54 What is the purpose of a message hash in a VPN connection?
It ensures that the data is coming from the correct source.
It ensures that the data cannot be duplicated and replayed to the destination.
It ensures that the data has not changed while in transit.*
It ensures that the data cannot be read in plain text.
55 Which type of traffic would most likely have problems when passing through a NAT device?
56 Users are reporting longer delays in authentication and in accessing network resources during certain time periods of the week. What kind of information should network engineers check to find out if this situation is part of a normal network behavior?
network configuration files
syslog records and messages
debug output and packet captures
the network performance baseline*
57 What are three benefits of using Frame Relay for WAN connectivity? (Choose three.)
QoS support using the IP precedence field
one physical interface that can be used for several circuits*
seamless direct connectivity to an Ethernet LAN
58 What type of information is collected by Cisco NetFlow?
59 Which technology requires the use of PPPoE to provide PPP connections to customers?
dialup ISDN modem
dialup analog modem
60 Under which two categories of WAN connections does Frame Relay fit? (Choose two.)
61 What are three characteristics of the generic routing encapsulation (GRE) protocol? (Choose three.)
GRE tunnels support multicast traffic.*
GRE creates additional overload for packets that are traveling through the VPN.*
GRE uses AES for encryption unless otherwise specified
By default, GRE does not include any flow control mechanisms.*
Developed by the IETF, GRE is a secure tunneling protocol that was designed for Cisco routers.
GRE provides encapsulation for a single protocol type that is traveling through the VPN.
62 An intercity bus company wants to offer constat Internet connectivity to the users traveling on the buses. Which two types of WAN infrastructure would meet the requirements? (Choose two.)
63 What is used as the default event logging destination for Cisco routers and switches?
64. Refer to the exhibit. H1 can only ping H2, H3, and the Fa0/0 interface of router R1. H2 and H3 can ping H4 and H5. Why might H1 not be able to successfully ping H4 and H5?
The link between router R1 and switch S2 has failed.
Host H1 does not have a default gateway configured.*
Router R1 does not have a route to the destination network.
Hosts H4 and H5 are members of a different VLAN than host H1.
Switch S1 does not have an IP address configured.
65. Which troubleshooting tool would a network administration use to check the Layer 2 header of frames that are leaving a particular host?
66. Which structured engineering desing principle ensures that the network reamins available even under abnormal conditions?
67. Two corporations have just completed a merger. The network engineer has been asked to connect the two corporate networks without the expense of leased lines. Which solution would be the most cost effective method of providing a proper and secure connection between the two corporate networks?
Cisco Secure Mobility Clientless SSL VPN
Remote access VPN using IPsec
Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client with SSL
68. A team of engineers has identified a solution to a significant network problem. The proposed solution is likely to affect critical network infrastruture components. What should the team follow while implementing the solution to avoid interfering with other processes and infrastruture?
suslog messages and reports
one of the layered troubleshooting approaches
knowledge base guidelines
69. Refer to the exhibit. A network administrator discovers that host A is having trouble with Internet connectivity, but the server farm has full connectivity. In addition, host A has full connectivity to the server farm. What is a possible cause of this problem?
NAT is required for the host A network.*
Host A has an incorrect subnet mask.
Host A has an incorrect default gateway configured.
The router has an incorrect gateway.
Host A has an overlapping network address.
70. Refer to the exhibit. Which two statements describe the results of entering these commands? (Choose two.)
R1 will not send critical system messages to the server until the command debug all is entered.
R1 will send system messages of levels 0 (emergencies) to level 4 (warnings) to a server.*
The syslog server has the IPv4 address 192.168.10.10.*
R1 will reset all the warnings to clear the log.
R1 will output the system messages to the local RAM.
71. What is a Frame Relay feauture that supports the IP address-to-DLCI dynamic mapping?
72. What term is used to identify the point where the customer network ends and the service provider network begins?
the central office
the local loop
the demarcation point*
73. What is used as the default event logging destination for Cisco routers and switches?
74. A small remote office needs to connect to headquarters through a secure IPsec VPN connection. The company is implementing the Cisco Easy VPN solution. Which Cisco Easy VPN component needs to be added on the Cisco router at the remote office?
Cisco Easy VPN Server*
Cisco Easy VPN Remote
Cisco VPN Client
75. Which scenario would require the use of static NAT?
when an internal corporate web server needs to be accessed from a home network*
when there are more internal private IP addresses than available public IP addresses
when all public IP addresses have been exhausted
when an IPv4 site connects to an IPv6 site
76. An organization has purchased a Frame Relay service from a provider. The service agreement specifies that the access rate is 512 kbps, the CIR is 384 kbps, and the Bc is 32 kbps. What will happen when the customer sends a short burst of frames above 450 kbps?
The frames are marked with the DE bit set to 1 and are most likely forwarded.
The frames are marked with the DE bit set to 0 and are most likely forwarded.
The frames are marked with the DE bit set to 0 and are allowed to pass.
The frames are marked with the DE bit set to 1 and are most likely dropped.*
77. What is a Frame Relay feature that supports the IP address-to-DLCI dynamic mapping?
78. An administrator wants to configure a router so that users on the outside network can only establish HTTP connections to the internal web site by navigating to http://www.netacad.com:8888. Which feature would the administrator configure to accomplish this?
79. Which two components are needed to provide a DSL connection to a SOHO? (Choose two.)
PPPoE enabled switch
80. A network engineer is troubleshooting an unsuccessful PPP multilink connection between two routers. That multilink interface has been created and assigned a number, the interface has been enabled for multilink PPP, and the interface has been assigned a multilink group number that matches the group assigned to the member physical serial interfaces. The physical serial interfaces have also been enabled for PPP multilink. Which additional command should to be issued on the multilink interface?
clock rate 4000000 *
ip address 192.168.10.1 255.255.255.252
no ip address
81. What is the international standard defining cable-related technologies?
82. Which three statements describe characteristics of converging corporate network architecture?
Server applications are housed within the phisical corporate network.
Users connect their own devices to the corporate network.
Data types include data, and video.
Users have to use company-owned computers.
Networks are borderless.
83. Which inefficient feature of time-division multiplexing does statistical TDM overcome?
the unused high speed time slots*
the buffering of data during peak periods
the use of channel identifiers
the use of a multiplexer at the transmitter and receiver
84.What are three characteristics of SSL VPNs?
authentication can be one way*
authentication uses shared secret or digital cerificates*
an ssl vpn supports web enable applications, e-mail and file sharing*
connecting may challeenge nontechnical users
encryption requires key lengths from 40 bits to 256 bits
an ssl vpn requires specific configuration of PCs to connect
85. A network engineer is designing an IPsec VPN between Cisco routers for a national bank. Which algorithm assures the highest level of confidentiality for data crossing the VPN?
512 bit RSA
86. By the use of sequence numbers, which function of the IPsec security services prevents spoofing by verifying that each packet is non-duplicated and unique?
87. A small law firm wants to connect to the Internet at relatively high speed but with low cost. In addition, the firm prefers that the connection be through a dedicated link to the service provider. Which connection type should be selected?
88. How can an administrator configure a Cisco Easy VPN Server to enable the company to manage many remote VPN connections efficiently?
by updating the client software in regular intervals
by preconfiguring IPsec parameters when deploying the client solution
by provisioning dedicated bandwidth for VPN connections
by pushing the IPsec security policies to the clients when establishing the tunnel*
89. How does QoS improve the effectiveness of teleworking?
It provides wireless data transmission over large urban areas.
It provides high speed connections over copper wires.
It provides better service for VoIP and video conferencing applications.*
It provides authentication, accounting, and link management features for ISPs.
90. Which two networking technologies enable businesses to use the Internet, instead of an enterprise WAN, to securely interconnect their distributed networks? (Choose two.)
remote access VPNs*
91. What are two benefits of using SNMP traps? (Choose two.)
They eliminate the need for some periodic polling requests.*
They reduce the load on network and agent resources.*
They can provide statistics on TCP/IP packets that flow through Cisco devices.
They can passively listen for exported NetFlow datagrams.
They limit access for management systems only.
92. A network engineer has issued the show interfaces serial 0/0/0 command on a router to examine the open NCPs on a PPP link to another router. The command output displays that the encapsulation is PPP and that the LCP is open. However, the IPV6CP NCP is not shown as open. What does the engineer need to configure to open the IPV6CP NCP on the link?
Configure an IPv6 address on each interface on the link.
Configure PPP multilink interfaces on each router.
Issue the compress predictor command on each interface on the link.
Configure CHAP authentication on each router.
93. What address translation is performed by static NAT?
An inside local address is translated to a specified inside global address*
An inside local address is translated to a specified outside local address
An inside local address is translated to a specified outside global address
An outside local address is translated to a specified outside global address
94. What are two advantages of using IPv4 NAT? (Choose two.)
provides consistent traceability when it is necessary to troubleshoot internal corporate network problems
conserves public IP addresses*
provides consistency when an internal corporate IP addressing scheme is being designed
allows maintaining end-to-end addressing
increases network performance
95. Which network design module would not commonly connect to the service provider edge?
Remote Access and VPN ***
WAN Site-to-site VPN
96. Which two statements describe benefits of NAT? (Choose two.)
(dont remember the options)
97. What is a plausible reason that an employee would become a teleworker for a company?
to become employed without having to share files or resources
to become employed in a traditional workplace
to keep employment during a time of rehabilitation
to keep employment without having to adhere to company regulations*
98. Connecting offices at different locations using the Internet can be economical for a business. What are two important business policy issues that should be addressed when using the Internet for this purpose? (Choose two.)
98. What is a primary difference between a company LAN and the WAN services that it uses?
The LAN may use a number of different network access layer standards whereas the WAN will use only one standard.
Each LAN has a specified demarcation point to clearly separate access layer and distribution layer equipment.
The company has direct control over its WAN links but not over its LAN.
The company must subscribe to an external WAN service provider.**
99. A technician at a remote location is troubleshooting a router and has emailed partial debug command output to a network engineer at the central office. The message that is received by the engineer only contains a number of LCP messages that relate to a serial interface. Which WAN protocol is being used on the link?
100. What is a feature of physical point-to-point WAN links?
Point-to-point links are generally the least expensive type of WAN access.
The MAC address is not used in the address field of the point-to-point frame.
WAN operations focus primarily on the network layer (OSI Layer 3).
Point-to-point WAN services are circuit switched.
101. What are two types of WAN providers? (Choose two.)
Internet search engine service
web hosting service
102. Which PPP protocol allows a device to specify an IP address for routing over the PPP link?
103. In which stage of the troubleshooting process would ownership be researched and documented?
Update the user and document the problem.
Implement corrective action.
Isolate the problem.