1. Which command will send text to the terminal display:
2. To replace the currently running shell, you can use:
3. To display your current location within the filesystem, you can type:
4. The _____ command displays information about the Linux kernel:
5. The basic form of a command line is:
- command [options…] [arguments…]
- command [arguments…] options
- command arguments options
- command [options…] arguments…
6. Bash is:
- a website
- a networking term
- a shell
- an operating system
7. The two login types are:
- URI and CLU
- CLI and GUI
- URI and CLI
- GUX and CLI
8. The core software component that tells the hardware what actions to take is called the ________.
9. A command can be:. (choose three)
- An alias
- A block
- A configuration file
- A variable
- A function
- A program built-in to the shell
10. Which of the following are valcommand lines?. (choose two)
- ls /etc -l
- ls -l /etc
- ls -/etc
- -l ls /etc
11. You want to execute the ls command with two options: -r and -l. Which of the following are valways to run this command:. (choose three)
- rl ls
- ls -r -l
- ls -l -r
- ls –r –l
- ls rl
- ls -rl
12. You can pass arguments to long options by using which of the following techniques:. (choose two)
- –option argument
13. When typing a command, you can have the bash shell complete the command by pressing which key?
- The Up Arrow key
- The Del key
- The Backspace key
- The Tab key
- The Enter key
14. The location of users’ default shells is stored in the ______ file.
15. Long command options are preceded by which two characters?
16. Which two characters do you use to tell the command that you are finished providing options and that the remaining data on the command line is arguments?
17. The _____ command will take another command for the argument to execute.
18. The _____ option to the uname command will display the kernel name.
19. The ______ command will display your current working directory.