Introduction to Linux I Chapter 23 Exam Answer 2016
1. Which of the following are mount options used for disk quotes?. (choose two)
2. In which file are mount options placed to support disk quotas?
636. How can you use quotas to limit the number of files a user can create?
- By setting an inode limit
- By setting a stat limit
- By setting an object limit
- By setting a node limit
3. Which command produces a list of users of groups and their quota statistics?
4. If you want to enable or disable the enforcement of quotas, as administrator you can use _____ and _____.. (choose two)
5. Which command is used to create or update the quota database files?
6. To be able to modify a user’s quotas with a non-interactive command, you can use:
7. By default, the edquota command will use which editor?
8. To view an individual’s quota usage, an administrator can use:
9. With disk quotas you can limit:. (choose two)
- How many files a user can use in a filesystem
- What permissions can be placed on files in a filesystem
- What type of files a user can have in a filesystem
- How much space a user can use in a filesystem
10. Which of the following filesystems are good choices to implement disk quotas:. (choose two)
- The /tmp filesystem
- The /home filesystem
- The /bin filesystem
- The /usr filesystem
11. The first step to creating a disk quota is:
- Edit the /etc/fstab file
- Use the quotaon command
- Reboot the system
- Use the edquota command
12. When added to the /etc/fstab file, the userquota option will:
- Allow for both user and group quotas in the filesystem
- Result in an error message, since userquota is an invalid option
- Allow for user quotas in filesystem
- Allow for group quotas in the filesystem
13. Which command will remount the /data filesystem using the option from the /etc/fstab file?
- mount -o remount /dev/sda1 /data
- mount -o remount /data
- mount -o mount /data
14. To create both user and group quota databases with the quotacheck command, use the ___ and ___ options.. (choose two)
15. The quotacheck command creates databases with which names?. (choose two)
16. Which of the following are true about soft limits?. (choose two)
- A user cannot exceed a soft limit
- Soft limits can only be applied to blocks, not the number of inodes
- A warning will appear on the screen if a user reaches the soft limit
- The grace period starts once the soft limit is reached
17. Which of the following are true about hard limits?. (choose two)
- The grace period starts once the hard limit is reached
- Hard limits can only be applied to blocks, not the number of inodes
- A user cannot exceed a hard limit
- An error will appear on the screen if a user reaches the hard limit
18. If a user has exceeded the block soft quota and the grace period has expired, what happens?
- Nothing, the user can still continue to use files as normal
- The question is invalid because users cannot exceed block soft quota limits
- The user will lose data, as files will be deleted automatically by the kernel.
- The soft limit becomes a hard limit until the user goes below the soft limit again
19. The ____ option can be used with the edquota command to copy the quota limits from one user account to another.
20. To have the quotacheck create or update all quota databases, use the ___ option.
21. Which command will display the block size of a filesystem?
22. Which option to the df command displays the number of inodes in a filesystem?
23. Which option to the df command displays the size of a filesystem in “human readable” format?
- No option will provide this feature
24. Which option to the edquota command allows you to modify grace periods?
25. Which option to the quotaon command displays which filesystems have quotas turned on for?
26. You can display current filesystem space usage with the _____ command.