1. What two differences are there between querying an installed RPM and an RPM package file with the rpm command?. (choose two)
- To query the installed RPM, you have to add the -i option.
- You must use the full filename when querying the installed RPM.
- You must use the full filename when querying the package.
- To query the package file, you have to add the -p option.
2. If you use the -f option when performing an rpm query:
- The command will display the full filename of the original package.
- The command output will wrap at half screen width.
- The command will show the package that owns a file.
- The command will output a list of the files in the packages.
3. If you you have a RPM package file named, figlet-1.1-0.3.i686.rpm, which rpm commands will install it?. (choose two)
- rpm -F figlet-1.1-0.3.i686.rpm
- rpm -U figlet-1.1-0.3.i686.rpm
- rpm -e figlet-1.1-0.3.i686.rpm
- rpm -i figlet-1.1-0.3.i686.rpm
4. The rpm2cpio command can be used to:. (choose two)
- List the content of a “.rpm” file
- Create a new “.rpm” file
- Build a binary “.rpm” file from a source “.src.rpm” file
- Extract files from a “.rpm” file
5. What is the primary configuration file for yum?
6. In what directory are yum repository configuration files stored?
7. How can you determine the RPM package that owns a file?
- yum info
- yum find
- yum owns
- yum provides
8. What is the main advantage in using yum over rpm?
- It can automatically resolve dependency issues between packages
- It is able to use multiple repositories
- It is able to install packages from internet addresses
- It will allow you to override dependencies
9. How can you remove a package using an rpm command?
- rpm -r
- rpm -d
- rpm -e
- rpm -x
10. Which command will show the dependencies of an RPM package?
- yum requires
- yum provides
- rpm -qpd
- rpm -qpR
11. How is the kernel package special for package management?
- New versions should be installed instead of upgraded
- It cannot be uninstalled
- It contains the core of the operating system
- New versions should be upgraded instead of installed
12. Which command shows the scripts that may be part of a RPM package?
- yum info
- yum scripts
- rpm -q –scripts
- rpm -qs
13. Which command will check the integrity of an RPM file?
- rpm -qcp
- rpm -qKp
- rpm -qCp
- rpm -qkp
14. All RPM package management commands must be run as the root user.. True or False?
15. What are the correct options for the rpm command to display a list of all installed packages?
16. Which command will download RPM files from repositories?