1. If you want to see the entire contents of a text file, you can use the _____ command:
2. The expand and unexpand commands change:. (choose two)
- New lines
- Carriage returns
3. The head -n -1 readme.txt command will:
- Show the first character of every line of readme.txt
- Display all but the last line of readme.txt
- Number the lines of readme.txt
- Display the first line of readme.txt
4. Why would you press CTRL+C when executing tail?
- To capture the output into a file
- To complete the processing of a file
- To stop tail from following a file
- To get tail to copy the text it is outputting
5. Which command merges two files like related tables in a database?
6. Which command will merge two files together line by line?
7. Which of the following is a non-interactive editor?
8. If you want to break apart a large file into smaller files, you can use:
9. Select the function that the tr command cannot perform:
- Translate from one set of characters to another
- Delete specific characters
- Eliminate duplicate characters
- Insert characters
10. Which command will remove consecutive duplicate lines from a file?
11. If you want to extract fields from a file, you can use:
12. If you want to set the maximum line width for a text file, you can use:
13. This command displays binary files in a variety of representations:
14. If you want a file to be displayed with its lines numbered, you can use:
15. To put the lines of a file in alphabetical order, you can run:
16. The _____ command provides many options for formatting a file for printing.
17. Two tables have columns with the same field names. What is required in order to join the two tables?
- Change field names in one of the tables to make it unambiguous
- Join between such tables cannot be created
- Create a dummy table which has no common fields
- Field names must be prefixed by the table name and a period