1. UIDs 1-500 are usually reserved for what kind of users?
- System accounts, such as server processes
- Are not used for user accounts, but for group accounts
- Log-in (human) users
- Remote log-in accounts
2. If a user is deleted, the files and directories that the user owned…
- …will show a UID as the owner, but not user name.
- …will have no UID owner.
- …are deleted as well.
- …will have no user owner.
3. Which of the following options for the useradd command allows root to specify the UID to be associated with the account?
4. Which of the following options for the useradd command allows root to specify supplementary groups the user will be a member of?
5. On a system that does not use UPG, the useradd command will also create a user group. For example, user bob, group bob.. True or False?
6. The useradd command will create a home directory by default for a user.. True or False?
7. The usermod command can be used to do all of the following except…
- …add a user to a supplementary group.
- …change the user’s MAX and MIN password settings.
- …change the user’s home directory.
- …change the user’s UID and GID.
8. Which of the following commands will add the group extra to the user bob’s secondary groups in addition to bob’s current secondary groups?
- usermod -G extra bob
- usermod -a extra bob
- usermod -aG extra bob
- usermod -ag bob extra
9. Which option for the usermod command can be used to specify a user’s group (either primary or secondary)?. (choose two)
10. For non-root users, the passwd command can only be used to change the password of the user running the command.. True or False?
11. The userdel command will…
- …delete the user account, but leave the user’s files by default.
- …will prompt before deleting each file owned by a user.
- …automatically delete a user and the user’s home directory and its contents.
- …automatically delete a user and all the files owned by that user.
12. The groupmod command can be used to change a group name.. True or False?
13. The groupmod command can be used to change a group GID.. True or False?
14. The groupmod command can be used to add users to a group.. True or False?
15. Which of the following commands can be used to modify a group?
16. Which command can be used to determine a user’s most recent log in?
17. Which of the following files contains encrypted user password information?
18. Which of the following files contains user IDs?
19. Which of the following files does the groupadd command use to determine the new GID when a GID isn’t specified?
20. Which of the following commands, run as root, will prevent the user bob from logging in?
- usermod -d bob
- usermod -l bob
- usermod -D bob
- usermod -L bob
21. What directory contains user’s home directories?