1. What is the standard option to provide a command line program to view its documentation?
2. The command man -k is the same as the command apropos.. True or False?
3. The whatis command is the same as man -w.
4. The directory where additional documentation for software packages most likely can be found is:
5. Which two pager commands are used by the man command to control movement within the document?. (choose two)
6. Commands typically executed by a user are covered in what section of the manual?
7. To search the man page sections for the keyword example, which of the following command lines could you execute?. (choose two)
- man -f example
- man -k example
- whatis example
- apropos example
8. The statement that describes the difference between a man page and an info page is:
- The info page is like a guide; a man page is a more concise reference.
- The man page is a long detailed reference; the info page is very terse.
- There is very little difference between them.
- The man page is like a guide; the info page is a more concise reference.
9. If you are reading the synopsis of a command from a man page, then items in square brackets are:
- Required options
- Required arguments
10. The following sections commonly appear on a man page:. (choose three)
11. Section 5 of the manual pages covers:
- User commands
- File Formats
- System administration commands
12. To start searching a man page, the first key you press is:
13. In order to exit viewing a man page, press:
14. Which option for the man command should you use if you intend to send the output of the command to a printer?
15. What key should be used while working in the man command if you want to go to the end of the document?
16. To get help on using the info command, execute:. (choose two)
- info -q
- info info
- man info
- help info
17. To get help while using the info command, press:
18. To exit the info page, press:
19. In order to search an info page, the first key to press is:. (choose one)
20. To go to the end of an info page, press:
21. To go to the next match of a search on a man page, press:
22. When interpreting the SYNOPSIS of a command found on a man page, the “|” means:
- The items it separates cannot be used together
- The items it separates can be used together
23. After performing a search, you can use the ____ key to return to a previously found match:
24. To move a page forward one at a time while viewing a man page, press the following: