1. The number of users logged in is in a variable called USERS. How would you test to see if 5 users are logged in?
test $USERS = 5
test $USERS –a 5
test –f USERS=5
test $USERS –eq 5
2. Given the following script:. while [ ! –f /tmp/foo ]; do. echo –n “.”. process_data > /tmp/foo. done. Which of the following are true?. (choose two)
The screen will fill with dots.
/tmp/foo will be removed if it exists
process_data will never be run
If a file called /tmp/foo exists, process_data won’t be run
process_data will be called at most once
3. A conditional that lets you make multiple comparisons with a pattern is called:
4. What is the meaning of $(( $i + 1)) ?
If i is 0, the loop will stop
This will return the value of the first argument to the script
1 will be added to the i variable
This runs the command stored in variable i
This will return the value of the next argument to the script
5. How would you write a test that says “if /tmp/foo is a directory or USERS is greater than 5”?
test –d /tmp/foo | $USERS > 5
test /tmp/foo –d –o $USERS -gt 5
test /tmp/foo || $USERS > 5
test –d /tmp/foo –o $USERS –gt 5
test –f /tmp/foo –o $USERS –ge 5
6. A division of a hard drive may be referred to as a _______ .. (choose two)
7. Which of the following are valid partitioning types?. (choose two)
8. The fdisk command is a tool used for working with the MBR partitioned disks.. True or False?
9. Which of the following is the valid device file name for the first IDE hard drive on the system?
10. Which of the following are valid video cable connector types?. (choose two)
11. A command that will continuously update statistics about running processes:
12. The following are valid Linux option styles:. (choose three)
Traditional Unix with a single dash (-)
BSD Unix without a dash
DOS slash (/)
GNU long options with two dashes (–)
13. Which file contains the information passed to the kernel at boot time?
14. To make changes permanent for kernel parameter files found under /proc/sys, the following file can have entries added to it:
15. To get a list of all packages installed on a system using RPM Package Management you can execute:
16. Which of the following would be considered a host?
The computer’s hard drive
A network cable
A printer attached to the network via an IP address
17. What option to the netstat command has information shown as numbers rather than names?
18. Which of the following commands will allow you to log into the machine server1 with the account name nick?
19. The RSA key fingerprint allows the dig command to connect to remote systems.. True or False?
20. Which files contain user account information?. (choose two)
21. Sudo privileges can be used to specify which user can use the sudo command to execute commands as other users.. True or False?
22. In distributions that do not allow the root user to login directly or via the su command, the installation process automatically configures one user account to be able to use the sudo command to execute commands as if they were executed by the root user.. True or False?
23. Which of the following commands will display how long the system has been running since the last boot?. (choose two)
24. The /etc/shadow file contains plain-text passwords.. True or False?
25. Which command can be used to view the /etc/passwd file entries?
26. Which command can be used to determine a user’s most recent log in?
27. Which of the following files contains encrypted user password information?
28. Which of the following files contains user IDs?
29. Which of the following files does the groupadd command use to determine the new GID when a GID isn’t specified?
30. Which of the following commands, run as root, will prevent the user bob from logging in?
usermod -L bob
usermod -D bob
usermod -d bob
usermod -l bob
31. The chmod command can be used on a file by:
The file owner and root
The file owner
A user that belongs to the files current group
32. Which option for the chown command can be used to change the owner of a directory and all the files and directories below it?
33. The chown command will only accept one file at a time as an argument.. True or False?
34. The “execute” permission is never set on files by default.. True or False?
35. The user owner of a file will always have the same or higher permissions as “other”.. True or False?
36. A source and a hard link must be part of the same filesystem.. True or False?
37. Deleting a source file will break an associated symbolic link.. True or False?
38. A source file and a symbolic link must be part of the same file system.. True or False?
39. Which of the following commands would create a hard link, link to file?
ln link file
ln -s link file
ln file link
ln -s file link
40. Which of the following commands would create a symbolic link, link to file?