Modules 13 – 14: Emerging Network Technologies Exam Answers
1. Which function of the Cisco intent-based networking system (IBNS) enables network operators to express the expected networking behavior that will best support the business intent?
- ACL analysis
2. Which types of APIs are suitable for the data communication between a travel website and a hotel chain inquiring about room availability data?
- open APIs
- public APIs
- internal APIs
- partner APIs
3. Which characters are used to enclose a JSON key?
- quotation marks
- square brackets
4. Which character is used to separate JSON key/value pairs?
- (comma) ,
- (semi colon) ;
- (dash) –
- (forward slash) /
5. Which two technologies are core components of Cisco ACI architecture? (Choose two.)
- Application Network Profile
- OpenFlow enabled switches
- Interface to the Routing System
- Application Policy Infrastructure Controller
- Transparent Interconnection of Lots of Links
6. Which Cloud computing service would be best for a new organization that cannot afford physical servers and networking equipment and must purchase network services on-demand?
7. Which services are provided by a private cloud?
- online services to trusted vendors
- multiple internal IT services in an enterprise
- encrypted data storage in cloud computing
- secure communications between sensors and actuators
8. What are two reasons an organization might use cloud computing? (Choose two.)
- increases corporate use of technology resources
- reduces the time needed for maintenance windows
- enables global access to corporate data
- enables connectivity between disparate networks
- provides power and physical plants capable of meeting increased requirements
9. What is a characteristic of data flow processing in SDN?
- The SDN controller attaches an entry to each packet to identify the flow.
- OpenStack is used to construct the entry in switches to facilitate data forwarding.
- Each data flow through the network must be approved by the SDN controller first.
- The SDN controller routes a data flow first and the data plane will use policies to permit or deny the flow.
10. What are three abstraction layers of a computer system? (Choose three.)
11. In software defined network architecture, what function is removed from network devices and performed by an SDN controller?
- control plane
- data plane
- application policies
12. Which term describes the data exchanges between virtual servers in a data center?
- vertical traffic
- backbone traffic
- east-west traffic
- north-south traffic
13. How is the control plane modified to operate with network virtualization?
- Control plane redundancy is added to each network device.
- The control plane function is consolidated into a centralized controller.
- A hypervisor is installed in each device to allow multiple instances of the control plane.
- The control plane on each device is interconnected to a dedicated high-speed network.
14. Which Cloud computing service would be best for an organization that needs to collaboratively create applications and deliver them over the web?
15. What is JSON?
- It is a database.
- It is a scripting language.
- It is a compiled programming language.
- It is a data format for storing and transporting data.
16. What is an architectural constraint to which a true RESTful API web service must adhere?
- It operates as a cloud service.
- It runs as client/server model.
- It uses HTTPS to transport data.
- It must support the XML data format.
17. In the RESTful API request example, http://www.mapquestapi.com/directions/v2/route?outFormat=json&key=KEY&from=San+Jose,Ca&to=Monterey,Ca, which term describes the component directions/v2/route?
- API server
18. Which statement describes an API?
- It is a programming language for creating a web-based application.
- It is a set of rules that filter network traffic for web-based applications.
- It is a set of functions and subroutines to be used in a comprehensive application.
- It is a set of functions and procedures that allows a client application to access the data of the service application.
19. Which term describes the process of managing configuration changes of network devices in an orderly fashion?
- version control
20. Which web service API can use multiple data formats including JSON, XML, and YAML?
21. What are two reasons that most RESTful APIs require a key in the request? (Choose two.)
- to authenticate the requesting source
- to encrypt the query message in the API request
- to gather information on the people using the API
- to specify the data format expected from the response
- to make sure that the query matches the service offered by the web application
22. What is a difference between the XML and HTML data formats?
- XML formats data in hexadecimal whereas HTML formats data in binary.
- XML uses a self-descriptive data structure but HTML uses a standard document structure.
- XML requires indentation for each key/value pair whereas HTML does not require indentation.
- XML encloses data within a pair of tags whereas HTML uses a pair of quotation marks to enclose data.
23. A programmer is using Ansible as the configuration management tool. Which term is used to describe a set of instructions for execution?
24. Which term is used to describe a set of instructions for execution by the configuration management tool Chef?
25. Which two configuration management tools are developed using Python? (Choose two.)