Modules 16 – 17: Building and Securing a Small Network Exam Answers Full
1. Which two traffic types require delay sensitive delivery? (Choose two.)
2. A network technician suspects that a particular network connection between two Cisco switches is having a duplex mismatch. Which command would the technician use to see the Layer 1 and Layer 2 details of a switch port?
- show interfaces
- show running-config
- show ip interface brief
- show mac-address-table
3. Which statement is true about CDP on a Cisco device?
- The show cdp neighbor detail command will reveal the IP address of a neighbor only if there is Layer 3 connectivity.
- To disable CDP globally, the no cdp enable command in interface configuration mode must be used.
- CDP can be disabled globally or on a specific interface.
- Because it runs at the data link layer, the CDP protocol can only be implemented in switches.
4. What factor should be considered in the design of a small network when devices are being chosen?
- cost of devices
- traffic analysis
5. Which benefit does SSH offer over Telnet for remotely managing a router?
- TCP usage
- connections via multiple VTY lines
6. What is one of the most effective security tools available for protecting users from external threats?
- router that run AAA services
- patch servers
- password encryption techniques
7. Which type of network threat is intended to prevent authorized users from accessing resources?
- DoS attacks
- access attacks
- reconnaissance attacks
- trust exploitation
8. Which three services are provided by the AAA framework? (Choose three.)
9. Which malicious code attack is self-contained and tries to exploit a specific vulnerability in a system being attacked?
- Trojan horse
- social engineering
10. Some routers and switches in a wiring closet malfunctioned after an air conditioning unit failed. What type of threat does this situation describe?
11. What does the term vulnerability mean?
- a weakness that makes a target susceptible to an attack
- a computer that contains sensitive information
- a method of attack to exploit a target
- a known target or victim machine
- a potential threat that a hacker creates
12. What three configuration steps must be performed to implement SSH access to a router? (Choose three.)
- a password on the console line
- an IP domain name
- a user account
- an enable mode password
- a unique hostname
- an encrypted password
13. What is the objective of a network reconnaissance attack?
- discovery and mapping of systems
- unauthorized manipulation of data
- disabling network systems or services
- denying access to resources by legitimate users
14. For security reasons a network administrator needs to ensure that local computers cannot ping each other. Which settings can accomplish this task?
- smartcard settings
- firewall settings
- MAC address settings
- file system settings
15. A network administrator establishes a connection to a switch via SSH. What characteristic uniquely describes the SSH connection?
- out-of-band access to a switch through the use of a virtual terminal with password authentication
- remote access to the switch through the use of a telephone dialup connection
- on-site access to a switch through the use of a directly connected PC and a console cable
- remote access to a switch where data is encrypted during the session
- direct access to the switch through the use of a terminal emulation program
16. Which network design consideration would be more important to a large corporation than to a small business?
- Internet router
- low port density switch
17. A newly hired network technician is given the task of ordering new hardware for a small business with a large growth forecast. Which primary factor should the technician be concerned with when choosing the new devices?
- devices with a fixed number and type of interfaces
- devices that have support for network monitoring
- redundant devices
- devices with support for modularity
18. What type of traffic would most likely have the highest priority through the network?
- instant messaging
19. A network technician is investigating network connectivity from a PC to a remote host with the address 10.1.1.5. Which command, when issued on a Windows PC, will display the path to the remote host?
- trace 10.1.1.5
- traceroute 10.1.1.5
- tracert 10.1.1.5
- ping 10.1.1.5
20. A user is unable to reach the website when typing http://www.cisco.com in a web browser, but can reach the same site by typing http://220.127.116.11. What is the issue?
- default gateway
- TCP/IP protocol stack
21. Where are Cisco IOS debug output messages sent by default?
- memory buffers
- vty lines
- Syslog server
- console line
22. Which element of scaling a network involves identifying the physical and logical topologies?
- traffic analysis
- network documentation
- device inventory
- cost analysis
23. What mechanism can be implemented in a small network to help minimize network latency for real-time streaming applications?
24. Which process failed if a computer cannot access the internet and received an IP address of 169.254.142.5?
25. A small company has only one router as the exit point to its ISP. Which solution could be adopted to maintain connectivity if the router itself, or its connection to the ISP, fails?
- Activate another router interface that is connected to the ISP, so the traffic can flow through it.
- Have a second router that is connected to another ISP.
- Purchase a second least-cost link from another ISP to connect to this router.
- Add more interfaces to the router that is connected to the internal network.
26. When should an administrator establish a network baseline?
- when the traffic is at peak in the network
- when there is a sudden drop in traffic
- at the lowest point of traffic in the network
- at regular intervals over a period of time