Modules 5 – 6: Redundant Networks Exam Answers Full
1. Which two protocols are link aggregation protocols? (Choose two.)
2. When a range of ports is being configured for EtherChannel, which mode will configure LACP so that it initiates the EtherChannel negotiation?
3. What will happen if a network administrator puts a port that is part of an EtherChannel bundle into a different VLAN than the other ports in that bundle?
- The EtherChannel bundle will stay up only if PAgP is used.
- The EtherChannel bundle will stay up only if LACP is used.
- The EtherChannel bundle will stay up if either PAgP or LACP is used.
- The EtherChannel bundle will stay up if the ports were configured with no negotiation between the switches to form the EtherChannel.
- The EtherChannel will fail.
4. When a range of ports is being configured for EtherChannel, which mode will configure LACP on a port only if the port receives LACP packets from another device?
5. Which two statements describe a switch port that is configured with PortFast? (Choose two.)
- The switch port immediately transitions from the listening to the forwarding state.
- The switch port immediately transitions from blocking to the forwarding state.
- The switch port should never receive BPDUs.
- The switch port immediately processes any BPDUs before transitioning to the forwarding state.
- The switch port sends DHCP requests before transitioning to the forwarding state.
6. Which port state will switch ports immediately transition to when configured for PortFast?
7. After the election of the root bridge has been completed, how will switches find the best paths to the root bridge?
- Each switch will analyze the sum of the hops to reach the root and use the path with the fewest hops.
- Each switch will analyze the BID of all neighbors to reach the root and use the path through the lowest BID neighbors.
- Each switch will analyze the port states of all neighbors and use the designated ports to forward traffic to the root.
- Each switch will analyze the sum of all port costs to reach the root and use the path with the lowest cost.
8. What value determines the root bridge when all switches connected by trunk links have default STP configurations?
- VLAN ID
- MAC address
- extended system ID
- bridge priority
9. Which RSTP ports are connected to end devices?
- trunk ports
- designated ports
- root ports
- edge ports
10. Which three port states are used by Rapid PVST+? (Choose three.)
11. When PVST is running over a switched network, which port state can participate in BPDU frame forwarding based on BPDUs received, but does not forward data frames?
12. An administrator is troubleshooting a switch and wants to verify if it is a root bridge. What command can be used to do this?
- show spanning-tree
- show running-config
- show startup-config
- show vlan
13. What is an accurate description of redundancy?
- configuring a router with a complete MAC address database to ensure that all frames can be forwarded to the correct destination
- configuring a switch with proper security to ensure that all traffic forwarded through an interface is filtered
- designing a network to use multiple virtual devices to ensure that all traffic uses the best path through the internetwork
- designing a network to use multiple paths between switches to ensure there is no single point of failure
14. An EtherChannel link using LACP was formed between two switches, S1 and S2. While verifying the configuration, which mode combination could be utilized on both switches?
- S1-on and S2-passive
- S1-passive and S2-passive
- S1-on and S2-active
- S1-passive and S2-active
15. When a range of ports is being configured for EtherChannel, which mode will configure PAgP so that it initiates the EtherChannel negotiation?
16. Which three interface parameters must match for an EtherChannel to form? (Choose three.)
- allowed VLANs
- EtherChannel mode
- native VLAN
- PortFast mode
- spanning-tree state
- trunking mode
17. What are three advantages of using EtherChannel technology? (Choose three.)
- EtherChannel uses multiple logical links to provide redundancy.
- Configuration tasks can be done on the EtherChannel interface.
- There is no need to upgrade links to faster connections to increase bandwidth.
- Load balancing is not needed with EtherChannel.
- The Spanning Tree Protocol shuts down the unused interfaces in the bundle to avoid loops.
- A spanning tree recalculation is not required when a single link within the channel goes down.
18. A network administrator is configuring an EtherChannel link between two physical ports on a switch. Which statement describes the result when one of the physical ports fails?
- The EtherChannel link fails.
- An STP recalculation is needed.
- The EtherChannel stops transmitting data until it is restarted.
- The EtherChannel continues transmitting data with reduced bandwidth.
19. When EtherChannel is implemented, multiple physical interfaces are bundled into which type of logical connection?
- interface range
- VLAN interface
- port channel
20. When a range of ports is being configured for EtherChannel by the use of PAgP, which mode will form the bundled channel only if the port receives PAgP packets from another device?
21. Which two load balancing methods can be implemented with EtherChannel technology? (Choose two.)
- destination MAC to destination IP
- destination IP to destination MAC
- source MAC to destination MAC
- source IP to destination IP
- destination MAC to source MAC
- destination IP to source IP
22. Which function is provided by EtherChannel?
- spreading traffic across multiple physical WAN links
- dividing the bandwidth of a single link into separate time slots
- enabling traffic from multiple VLANs to travel over a single Layer 2 link
- creating one logical link by using multiple physical links between two LAN switches
23. Which statement is true about EtherChannel technology?
- All configuration tasks must be done on the individual ports in the EtherChannel link.
- EtherChannel uses existing switch ports.
- Links must be upgraded to support EtherChannel.
- STP does not run on redundant EtherChannel links.
24. Which two mode combinations would result in the successful negotiation of an EtherChannel? (Choose two.)
- active; passive
- passive; auto
- desirable; active
- auto; auto
- desirable; desirable
- active; on