1. Which of the following would be considered a host?
- A CDROM
- The computer’s hard drive
- A network cable
- A printer attached to the network via an IP address
2. A service is…
- …another name for a computer’s hostname.
- …a feature provided by one computer to another.
- …a file that contains configuration information.
- …like an IP address.
3. A network packet contains …. (choose two)
- …the name of the router.
- …the IP address of the source machine.
- …a hard drive partition.
- …the IP address of the destination machine.
4. Only servers have hostnames.. True or False?
5. Which of the following protocols defines how network communication functions?
6. Which of the following are valid IPv4 addresses?. (choose two)
7. The name of the primary wired network devices is ether0.. True or False?
8. Which of the following commands will display your machine’s IP address?
9. Which of the following commands will display the routing table?. (choose two)
- netstat -r
10. Which of the following commands will allow you to log into a remote machine?
11. What option to the netstat command has information shown as numbers rather than names?
12. Which of the following commands will allow you to log into the machine server1 with the account name nick?
- ssh nick->server1
- ssh nick&server1
- ssh nick-server1
- ssh nick@server1
13. The RSA key fingerprint allows the dig command to connect to remote systems.. True or False?